Monday, April 11, 2005

Dear Doctor Doom.........

Okay, so I was surfing, trying to see if anyone had posted the lyrics to, Dear Dr. Doom, from the Bull of the Woods album, and I came across this site:
http://www.transformergallery.org/exhibition/rejoice.html, about an exhibition where each artist used 1 album to inspire their entire exhibit.
Thus you have:
Karie Reinertson received her BFA in Fine Art from the Corcoran College of Art & Design in 2002 with a focus on painting and photography. She has also studied Fashion Business at the Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY. Karie is an accomplished clothing designer with her own clothing line The Kite Flying Society, Washington, DC. Her clothing is sold at FIX, Portland, OR, Vagabond, Philadelphia, PA, and Meeps, Washington, DC. For Rejoice!,
Karie states: " Bull of the Woods by the 13th Floor Elevators is a poetic explanation of the past, present and future of human existence. It is an organic representation of beauty, infinity, and warmth. I chose this record because after years of listening to it, it continues to inform and inspire the art, clothing and music that I make. My work for this show is based on the overall dreamy, fuzzed out mood of the album and the lyrics of the song "Dr. Doom". I have created my own enchanted forests with ink, watercolor, and fabric."
I am really impressed that a woman artist finds so much in this album.
It shows that someone else in the universe has keyed in on this album also.
Awesome.
....by the way I have posted lyrics for 3 songs off Bull of the Woods
over at : http://leoslyrics.com/artists/3610/
Out there in webspace it is said that Dear Dr. Doom was a response from Tommy Hall to Bob Dylan in regards to songs in John Wesley Harding.

No comments: